Saturday, March 13, 2010

Beautiful Dresses

Yesterday, I ventured out with both of the kids by myself. I have done this before, but I have always met friends wherever we were going. This time I was alone with the kids. It was really fun. We went to the outlets to look for an Easter dress for Emily. It was a 60 degree day and off I went with Logan and Emily in their double stroller. We had a lot of fun shopping and got several things that we needed.

As I was lying in bed this morning I was thinking about the cute Easter dress that I purchased for Emily. I was thinking about how it was the first dress that we ever bought her and how many more beautiful dresses there will be to come. I was excited and a little emotional thinking about all of the dresses that we will buy her over her lifetime. We may buy her a dress for when she is dedicated and one for the first day of school. She may need a tutu for dance class and a dress for when she is batized. We may also get her a dress for her first school dance and maybe even for the prom. She will also need a dress for her high school and college graduation. And what about a big beautiful white dress for her wedding day...we can't forget that dress. All of these dresses mark milestones in her life and we are excited to be a part of them. So here it is. Her first dress. One in a closet of many beautiful dresses!


4 comments:

  1. Very cute first dress for the first big milestone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and I'm already shedding tears...don't grow to fast, Miss Emily. ~Oma

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and thoughtful view of Emily's future. Be sure and take pictures of her in the adorable dress on Easter. Both your kids are so cute - and they have such wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww....now I think about all the dresses we bought Mary Kate...and how special it is to have a daughter to wear them. What a perfect blog. It is sooo fun to help a daughter buy dresses, and realize how beautiful they look. Little Emily will look sooo adorable in her new Easter dress too.

    ReplyDelete