We have made it a tradition in our family that every Christmas Eve we would give the kids a pair of new pjs to wear that night to bed. Here they are opening their Christmas Eve gifts. We did it earlier in the day because Daddy was working the afternoon shift and would not be home to put help put them to bed. The kids and I joinned Aunt Kelley, Nana and Grandma at Grammy's house for Christmas Eve dinner and then church. Here, Logan and my mom are reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" as we pass small gifts around the table every time the word "the" is read. We played this game every Christmas Eve while I was growing up. The best picture that I could get of the two of them in their Christmas outfits. On Christmas morning Logan got up first and we had to wake Emily up to open presents. We got Logan a surprise gift and sent him upstairs to wait as Daddy set it up. He was spinning cirles on the floor while he waited. His reaction when he saw his gift as he was coming down the stair. "Is that my toy?" We bought him a bounce house! He was so surprised and LOVED it! Matt and I could hardly wait to give it to him. We set it up as soon as we got it (Nov. 5th) to look at it because we were so excited. Emily enjoyed the bounce house too, but her big gift was her Big Girl carseat that she has been using since last month. Eating monkey bread for Christmas breakfast. A tradition the Matt and I started before the kids were born. Grammy playing with Logan and Emily. Logan reading a book where his bounce house once was. I guess Grammy, Aunt Kelley and Nana showed up! :) Buzz Lightyear bath towel New pink Nike sneakers Aunt Kelley surprised Logan with a Christmas/Birthday present. As soon as he saw it he said, "Aunt Kelley's car!" It is almost the exact same car that she has. I went with the kids to Grandma's house. A guitar We traveled to NJ on the 27th and stayed until the 31st. We had a great visit and got to see a lot of family and friends. Logan LOVED the yard tools, just like Daddy's, from Oma and Opa. We also got professional pictures taken of the family while we were in NJ. Here are just a few.
I am a child of God, a wife, a stay-at-home mother of two, a sister, a daughter, and a friend. I love my family more than words can say and because of that I want to remember the big and small things that happen throughout our life together, so I am hoping that this blog will help me do just that.
No comments:
Post a Comment