Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011


I LOVE being a mother and today was no exception. I had such a fun day with Matt and the kids!!! It started out with Matt getting up with the kids, so I could sleep in. Now, I do have to say that I never fell back asleep, but I did lay in bed and relax until Logan came into the bedroom and abruptly turned on the overhead lights and shouted, "Happy Mother's Day!" Even though I was blinded by the light and shaken even more by him jumping on my bed, I was so happy to see my "ball full of energy." Then, Emily toddled into the room carrying a Mother's Day card. I love watching her walk around using her new found balance. It is the cutest! I came down stairs and enjoyed looking at the tulips Logan and Emily had given me the day before.

Matt fed the kids breakfast, packed the diaper bag and we went off to church. After church I was hungry for a Big Mac and so my hubby pulled into McDonald's to satisfy my craving. We then went home and put the kids down for their naps. Matt suggested going and relaxing outside in the hammock. I was so excited. It was a beautiful day and we laid there and talked for about 2 hours until the kids woke up. Next, we were off to Olive Garden...my choice!!! I love that place. We had a great meal and took some dessert to go.

After the kids were in bed for the night, Matt and I relaxed again while watching a movie. It was such a fun, relaxing (except when Emily was screaming, for fun, at the restaurant), enjoyable day. I know I already said this, but I LOVE being a mother! It is the BEST job in the world. God has blessed me with a wonderful, loving, caring husband who is my best friend and two precious, curious, sweet, energetic kids who I love more than life itself! I LOVE being their Mommy! Thanks for a great day...everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment