Friday, October 21, 2011

AWANA



Logan started AWANA this year and is really loving it. Here he is showing off his new Cubbie vest. He was so proud. He is in the Cubbies class. They are broken up into two groups...the 3 year olds and the 4 and 5 year olds. Cubbies have to have 2 years or less before entering kindergarten.

I decided to be a leader for his age group because he was not thrilled about staying with his VBS class this past summer and ended up helping me with the fourth graders each day. I thought that he would do better in class if I were there in his class.
He was very hesitant the first day and stayed by my side for much of the first hour. He then seemed to get more comfortable as the evening went on.

The next week, he seemed more comfortable, so I spoke with the director and I stayed with the 4 and 5 year olds while he went with the 3 year olds. He did GREAT!!! I was thrilled. They said he has such a personality and did really well in his class.

He does really well throughout the week doing his lessons and learning his verses. His favorite part of the afternoon is game time. And boy does he look cute in his blue vest. We are so proud of him.

At the beginning of the afternoon all the Cubbies meet together in one room to say the pledge of allegiance, Cubbie motto, and several key verses that they have learned. Every time they ask if anyone knows the Cubbie motto Logan shouts it out and makes other cute comments to the group. I know that he should be trying to stay quiet, but I am glad that he has come out of his shell and does not mind speaking in front of the group. I mean, he is only 3 years old. It is so cute. His leaders say that he is so funny. We are really excited for him and can't wait to see what the year brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment