Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ran Family Movie Night

Well, we attempted the first ever Ran Family Movie Night. Matt and I wanted to start this tradition, so that even when the kids are older we can have a special time to come together and just have fun. We subscribe to Netflix, so we ordered the movie "Toy Story" thinking that Logan would really enjoy it. This is the first movie that he has ever seen. Even though he has never seen him before he knows who Buzz Lightyear is and talks about him from time-to-time. We all sat down together with a bowl of popcorn and started the movie. Emily's bedtime was shortly after we started the movie, but she was there too :). As we were watching we quickly became very aware that the movie was not just written for children. Matt and I had both seen the movie, but it was years and years ago. I guess that we should have watched it again before we showed it to Logan. Even though he did not really "get" the adult concepts and was not scared by any of the scary images we were disappointed that we had to fast forward through a decent amount of the movie. Needless to say, we ended up watching "Dora the Explorer" on the computer instead of finishing the movie. Logan did not care one bit. He LOVES Dora! I think that we will wait awhile before we watch "Toy Story" again. Oh well, we still had fun!!!


Logan was waiting for the movie to start. This was before Emily lost it and went to bed.


Watching "Dora"

2 comments:

  1. HA! We did the SAME thing with Sleeping Beauty! I couldn't believe it. Fortunately, like Logan, Lily really didn't care that we didn't end up finishing the movie and were fast forwarding through tons of it. The same thing happened with Dumbo, too. So, we just aren't doing Disney movies indefinitely. Super Why, Curious George, you know - shows like Dora - are the safest! It's nice to hear that another set of parents found the same thing as we did. (I just totally didn't think to preview Sleeping Beauty first!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do the same thing, I don't let the kids watch any Disney movie with wicked villians in them. We are ok with Lion King and Beatuy and the Beast, but Snow White, Alladin, Sleeping Beauty, and so on, I don't want them to watch it. A Bug's Life was one I liked and Footloose and Fancy Free (its an old Disney one from our parents time)

    ReplyDelete