Matt was off on Thursday and we got the van inspected and got an oil changed and then (pause) it hit again. Both Matt and I can home from getting the oil changed and simultaneously went to different bathrooms and were sick. Thank goodness for two bathrooms. I had it all evening and Matt had it into the night. By morning we were recovering. THANK. THE. LORD.
One of my biggest worries is throwing up and I get anxiety just thinking about parenting, being sick and having to take care of the kids all at the same time. I know, there are a lot of things to worry about when it comes to parenting, but this is one of my worries. How do you take care of the kids when the parents are sick??? The Lord answered our prayers and we both started to get sick around the time the kids went to bed and the sickness did not last for days. Matt did have to call off work the next day, without having any sicktime built up, but the chief is nice and is letting him make up the day on one of his days off.
My mom did catch the bug from us and it was very unfortunate that it was hours before she left for a missions trip to Nicaragua. She did let us know that she is doing well and by the time the plane was almost to Atlanta she was starting to feel better. Praise the Lord.
I know that having kids means getting sick from time to time. I am just glad that even though we did not feel well we got through this first fight with the stomach bug. We definitely kicked it and are back to 100%. YAY!!!
Logan on his "Sick Bed"

The.worst.ever. That is also one of my biggest fears - that both Seth and I will get sick at the same time. At the very least, one at a time, please. But when Carter had it, it was just HORRIBLE. He had it for a whole week and I felt so helpless for him. At least we, as adults, know what's going on! Glad you're all back to normal!! :) (Seems like everyone has the bug right now!)
ReplyDeleteoh, man - sounds like a whammie. not fun. so glad you're back to feeling better.
ReplyDelete