Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Emily Gets Her Ears Pierced!!!

Well today was a big day for Emily whether she knew it or not...haha! She got her ears pierced for her 1st birthday!!! Matt and I have been talking about getting them done for several months now and I kept putting it off because I was nervous about it. What if something happened and they got infected? What if she got a disease from the piercing gun? What if she died all because I wanted her to get her ears pierced?!?!?! What? Millions of girls get their ears pierced every year?!?!? (sarcasm) I was starting to drive myself crazy...and Matt too.

Our pediatrician does not pierce ears, so we decided the next best place would be the Piercing Pagoda at the mall. They have pierced 40 million ears over the past 40 years and I have friends who have taken there babies/girls there. That is actually wear I got my ears pierced when I was 9 years old.

The girl who pierced Emily's ears did a great job. Matt held her because I did not think that I could do it (my eyes were watering just watching the whole thing) and before you knew it both her ears were pierced. I had asked if they had another tech so that Emily could get both ears done at the same time, but unfortunately they did not. However, the girl did it so quickly that Emily did not even have time to blink and they were done. She did cry, obviously, but I think that she was crying more because Matt was holding her tightly to him. She hates to be held down. As soon as she got back into Mommy's arms she started to calm down. Emily did a great job. Aunt Kelley met us at the mall for lunch and she distracted Logan as Emily had her ears done.

She looks SO cute! We are really glad that we got them done. Here are a few pictures to document the occasion.

Waiting while Mommy and Daddy signed papers and paid.
Before
Waiting
During
Pretty girl after



1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I love it. And, ps---love your new blog design!

    ReplyDelete