Tuesday, March 22, 2011

First Big Playdate

Logan went on his first real big boy playdate today. My friend Jenny called this morning and told me that her son, Evan (just turned 4yo) had asked if he could have Logan come over so they could play together. I asked Logan if he wanted to go to their house to play and he shook his head up and down and smiled. Logan was still eating breakfast and was watching a show on the computer and as soon as I got off the phone Logan shut the computer, handed me his waffle and went to get his clothes on.

She picked him up around 9am and dropped him off around 1pm. She said that he had a lot of fun. They played and had lunch together. Jenny thought that the playdate lasted for the perfect amount of time because she said any longer and he probably would have asked to come home.

When he got out of her van he ran over to me with a big smile and yelled, "My Mommy and Emily Girl!" He said he had a lot of fun and thanked Miss Jenny for having him over. I am so glad that it went well.

While Logan was gone Emily and I spent some time together and while she napped I got a bunch of stuff done around the house. Matt is working today from 6am - 7pm, so it was a nice change of pace for our morning. Maybe next time we will have to ask Evan here.

1 comment: